Question.

Guides, Q&A, Suggestions

Question.

Postby JohnButterscotch » Sat 1. Feb 2014, 04:34

Hello all you lovely people! I've come to ask a question. I have this guy I have made out of voxels (his name is Frank) and I was hoping to animate him. But, I have no idea how to use the animate tool. So, my question to you is, how do I go about using the animation tool? Any help is appreciated!
JohnButterscotch

Re: Question.

Postby flux » Sat 1. Feb 2014, 11:37

Simple answer: It doesn't work yet. I didn't release the feature yet, as there are still some problems with it and I wanted to get other stuff sorted out first. There is not too much work left, so it should be coming soon.

For now you can use blender to animate your model. There are plenty of tutorials out there that can help you (however it will be much easier to do the animation with the VoxelShop later on).
flux
Administrator

Postby JohnButterscotch » Sat 1. Feb 2014, 15:38

Ok. Thanks.
JohnButterscotch

Postby mannesan » Wed 9. Apr 2014, 22:06

Hello mr Flux.
Im a new user who found your VoxelSHop by searching for Voxel Editors on google.

I have downloaded the latest version to try it out, and it looks quite nice.
But i have a few questions, and i hope i havent missed that feature in VoxelShop. If i have, then pardon me.

Q: Can i resize the Bounding Box? If so, how.
A:

Q: Is it possible to add some sort of guidlines on the different axis if the bounding box can not be resized?
A:

Thx for any kind of answers Flux. keep up the good work.
mannesan

Postby flux » Wed 9. Apr 2014, 23:49

Hello and welcome to the forums, mannesan!

I really appreciate your feedback and your questions! It's great news that apparently people start finding my software through google now!

To answer your questions: At this point you can not resize the bounding box. However this is a feature I have definitely planned to implement in the near future.
Could you please explain to me why you need it? It really helps a lot to understand the user requirements, so I'd be very happy for some further information!

Cheers,
flux
flux
Administrator

Postby mannesan » Thu 10. Apr 2014, 03:30

flux wrote:this is a feature I have definitely planned to implement in the near future.
Could you please explain to me why you need it? It really helps a lot to understand the user requirements, so I'd be very happy for some further information!

I understand. Thx for the answer.

The main reason is i want to be able to have a specific sized "work area" that it shows me the exact margins so that the object that im working with
doesent stick out of my current work area. Voxel designing is about precision, and to have a bounding box showing me where on the 3D space my voxel is placed gives me full control.
This is especially true on work areas or scenes where you have floating voxels as part of the intended creation.

The way i see it (but not necessary the best solution),there are three possibilities;
1. being able to resize the bounding box in a current scene
2. the bounding box resizes automatically with the object (but with a fixed starting size like the current one)
3. Upon creating a new scene, being able to create a bounding box with a fixed size, and lock that particular bounding box size.
mannesan

Postby flux » Thu 10. Apr 2014, 09:10

Thanks for the reply! I'll have a look at it now!
flux
Administrator

Postby flux » Sat 12. Apr 2014, 17:44

Should release a new version very soon that will allow you to resize the bounding box.
flux
Administrator

Postby mannesan » Sat 12. Apr 2014, 18:06

That sounds amazing mr Flux. I cant wait to test it and give some feedback on it.
mannesan

Postby flux » Sat 12. Apr 2014, 20:20

Released! Looking forward to your feedback! =)
flux
Administrator

Next

Return to VoxelShop