Hangs adding texture?

Report VoxelShop related bugs here.

Hangs adding texture?

Postby RachyK » Sun 14. Jun 2015, 02:18

Hi there,

New to voxelshop and was interested in the texturing of voxels.

However, when i press "add new texture" the windows browser comes up for me to find a file but then everything becomes unresponsive. I have a memory manager and i notice that when this happens, the memory usage just goes up and up to around 98% in use until i ctrl alt del and close Voxelshop :(

I have windows 8 with 8GB

Thanks
RachyK

Re: Hangs adding texture?

Postby flux » Mon 15. Jun 2015, 00:17

Just tested this and it seems to work fine. I will need more details to reproduce:

1) Are you using the native installer or the java one? Try the other one and see if this still happens.
2) How many files are in the default "home" folder?
3) Are you using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1?
flux
Administrator

Postby RachyK » Mon 15. Jun 2015, 00:52

Hi there,

Thanks for the speedy reply, not sure if it helps at all but now that i left the screen open whilst jammed a bit longer i finally got a popup warning error box of "Fatal error: out of memory Uncaught exception: out of memory"

The installation file is VoxelShop-setup.exe from:
https://blackflux.com/software/vs/downl ... -setup.exe (VoxelShop for Windows V1.4.31)

Not sure if i understand about the default home folder? But the folder which it opens and tries to browse when i go to browse and jams has 1,509 files in it.

I am using Windows 8.1 64-bit

RachyK

Postby RachyK » Mon 15. Jun 2015, 01:52

I tried emptying the browsing folder of most of the files beforehand in case there were too many trying to load in the browser...looks like that helped :)

Not sure if it's just the way i am (file hoarder!) but i didn't think around 1,000 files in a folder was that many?

Thank you for guiding me in the right direction! If the problem comes back i will let you know

Many thanks

:)
RachyK

Postby flux » Mon 15. Jun 2015, 17:19

Yeah that's what I figured. There currently an issue with too many files.

Glad this helped
flux
Administrator

Return to Bugs